How to Spot Good Swimming Lessons
When shopping around for swimming lessons, knowing which ones are good and which ones are just average is important. Swimming lessons are an important part of any child’s life and the skills they learn will provide them with a lifetime of fun, exercise and real life-saving abilities. This is why choosing the right swimming lessons is so important and why we here at Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy have created this helpful guide to spotting good swimming lessons for your child.
Here is how to spot good swimming lessons that offer a fun, instructional way to stay fit and learn a new skill:
Good swimming lessons are made up of six key elements that you should look for. These include:
1. The Swim England Learn to Swim Pathway – this is a certification that swimming schools receive that guarantees your child the best swim instruction with only qualified swim instructors.
2. A Swim England Member. The Swim England Programme is the national syllabus used to help teachers deliver swimming lessons. It ensures swimming lessons for all ages are delivered to a high and consistent standard and takes non-swimmers on a journey through four specialised Frameworks.
3. Qualified knowledgeable teachers – a good swimming school ensures that instructors are limited to 12 learners or less in the pool at any one time. They will often use two qualified, knowledgeable instructors.
4. The seven Learn to Swim stages – most good swimming lessons will teach students using the Swim England Learn to Swim Pathway seven stages.
5. Students having fun – if a student is having fun in swimming class, then they are more likely to learn from the class and become better swimmers.
6. Water skills and awareness – there are many basic water skills that young swimmers should be taught before they learn to swim including buoyancy and how to get in and out of the water as well as moving through the water comfortably.
You should also look for these factors when shopping for good swimming lessons:
· As much information as possible about the programme, the instructors and the school.
· Good swimming lessons should last at least 30 minutes and your child should be participating most of that time.
· A good swimming school offers swimming lessons in gradual stages to ensure your child is learning what they need to know before advancing to the next stage. Surrey Dolphins Swim Academy offers a 10 Stage swim instruction programme.
· Good swimming lessons are taught in a warm, clean and private pool.
· Good swimming lessons include both private and semi-private swimming lessons.
A free video clip at the end of each term to show your child’s progress.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favorite social media sites.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!